Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Super Columbine Massacre RPG!"

Alright, so I looked up this so-called "game" 'Super Columbine Massacre RPG!' (do they really need an exclamation mark?!) and I am still incredibly offended by this. Even though I was only nine years old when this happened, I still find this so very disrespectful and offensive. These were real people. Real people died and their families still have to deal with that day's events for the rest of their lives. This was a real tragedy and I find it despicable that someone could actually make a "game" out of those events.

Prof. Barry Joe said 'what makes it different from war games like Call of Duty?'... even though those games are based upon historical events, the game doesn't actually portray a real soldier, a real person. The characters are made up and are not based upon any true likeness of a real person, unlike this Columbine RPG.

The creator really has to be a disturbed individual. I really can't see how anyone could actually support this game, even if it is a sociological experiment to reveal the reality in video games. It's things like this that give video games the bad rap that is present in today's societal concerns.

This so-called 'game' about Columbine has really upset me. What's next, a game about 9/11 where you hijack the plane and crash it into the WTC? I'm speechless, really speechless. I am shocked and appalled that something like this was even created.

No comments:

Post a Comment