Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life means life, right?


This is completely out of left field, but what the hell...

Our justice system, meaning Canada's, is a flat-out joke. We offer everything to make sure offenders/criminals get off as light as possible. Look at it right now. The time just waiting for a trial is apart of the sentence given to them. Meaning, if someone got sentenced 2 years in prison, and it took 2 years for their trial to commence, their fucking already out for that time served. We are WAY too light on offenders. Life in Canada means 10 years, with parole basically. Look at the States; look at their legal system. Life over there means life, no parole. Not to mention that our "crown" attorneys look like jackasses. Look at this guy... all he's missing is the fake white wig that they wore in the 1800's and he's all set. It's the same thing with the RCMP and the stupid mountie uniform... but that's an argument for another day.

Canada is so light on their sentencing that its basically just a slap on the wrist, saying "Please don't do that again." I mean, look at all the fucking pedophiles that keep getting set free in Canada. Its almost encouraging people to commit crimes in Canada because our legal system is so light and passive. It's a joke. And it's been a joke for a long fucking time.

C'mon, life means life, doesn't it? Or am I way off base here? 'Cause I don't think I am.

***Edit
I apologize if I offended anyone with my offensive languange. It's there out of anger, I'm sorry.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you say. I also think we should have capital punishment. Killing people who deserve it will be a good deterrent in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... but Ben, what if ... just what if... the criminal justice system gets it wrong? What if someone is wrongly convicted in Canada? The names Stephen Truscott, Donald Marshall, David Milgard, Guy Paul Morin are just the ones I remember. In fact, Truscott at 14 was only 4 years older than I was when he was sentenced to death (Canada still had capital punishment then). The public and the system believed he (indeed, all the names on my short list) "deserved it."

    What if they had each been hanged after their conviction, only to have someone later confess or the police admit they had been withholding evidence or whatever? What to do then? Saying "Oops! Sorry" to a family left behind is cold comfort. I am not condoning criminal acts and these wrongful convictions represent a minority of actual convictions. But to bring back capital punishment?

    We are human beings. We can make mistakes. What if we are wrong?

    ReplyDelete