Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thoughts on School and 2008: The Year That Wasn't

I'm sitting here, supposed to be studying for my Tourism exam and I thought, "what the hell, lets do a blog post!"... So here I am.

To tell you the truth, I'm actually going to miss school. These last 8 months seem to have flown by and I'm actually going to miss my classes. I can't believe I am saying that about school. All my life, it was me saying "Oh, I can't wait for school to be done" or "I hate high school, I'm glad its over with". Truth was, I did hate high school. I wasn't part of the "in" crowd and I wasn't apart of the "out" crowd, if you will. I was stuck in between. I had a lot of acquaintances, but I didn't have any true friends, and I kind of felt alone in that packed Pickering High School. (Please god, don't let anyone from PHS read this blog, lol.) It seemed even lonelier when I was out of school, my period in between high school and university; that one year of where I was accepted into Brock University's Interactive Arts and Science program for 2008, and then all hell in my life broke loose. I won't go into specifics as some parts are really personal, but I ended up dropping University, and decided to work for the year and deal with some personal issues, and try again at Brock for 2009.

And boy, am I glad I waited that year! I'm not a religious person, but it was like God planned it out for me, trying to rescue me from the hell that 2008 brought me and my family. The people that I have met and the friends I have made actually mean a lot to me and have made my first year in university fantastic and unforgettable. I better stop, 'cause I think I'm sounding a little feminine by talking about my feelings so much, haha.

But getting back onto school, I have never felt that way about school before; that I am actually going to miss it (except for exams, obviously). The time away from school that I experienced after high school made me realize how much I actually missed school in my life. This year at Brock has made me feel like I have actually discovered a piece of me that has been dying to be revealed almost my whole life, thats been hidden away from the world. And DAMN, that is a good thing!

Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

1 comment:

  1. Kev this made my night. Thank you for posting this. I shall be seeing you in a few hours.. Angry/Teddy Bear. haha..

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete